Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sweet Holiday!

Hello friends and thanks for visiting! We have a new Copic Creations challenge for you! Mary posted it yesterday on our Blog so you can find all the details by clicking the link! Our sponsor is Whimsy Stamps and you can win a great gift certificate the their store! Our challenge is to really focus on those hightlighting skills with your copics by making a definite light source on your image. Not sure I'm saying that well! I sometimes hightlight where I feel like it! I think it's very important to have light, medium and dark contrast when you color an image. But, to do it really correctly you have to think of a light hitting your image from a particular vantage point and let that drive your coloring, shading and highlighting. So this time I really focused on light from the upper right and how the image would look. What you see is the result.
Once again I chose colors from the Basic Grey (Olivia) collection to drive my coloring of this Christmas Cupcake by MelJen from Whimsy. If you visit the store take a look at all her designs. They are wonderful images to color!
All that's left to say is that I used the following copics to color my image:
Pink/red R30, R32, R35, R37 and R89
Greens G40, G12, G82, G94 and G99
Yellow Y21 and YG24
BG10 on the swirls and T1 and T3 around the image.
Just want to say sorry about the poor photos-seems like it's always dark now!
Have a wonderful day! Make it a great one!
Cheryl

10 comments:

Sandi said...

that is one gorgeous cupcake and you definitely have the highlights down. Sandi

Nancy Parker said...

Hi Cheryl, What a wonderful job you've done with highlighting. This is such a cheery card. Nancy

Lisa Kind said...

Oooh, this is pretty! I love that image and the dp you chose is perfect! I have a hard time with light sources and hilite where I feel like it too!

Snow day today (don't mean to rub it in)! :-)

angelwhispers said...

Love it!!! The cupcake looks beautiful and the light source is just perfect!! Chanelle xx

Sandy said...

Yum--- no really - this is yummy and don't cha just love the word cupcake!
Sandy

Heather said...

Fabulous card Cheryl, your colouring and shading are amazing and I love your colour and paper choice.
hugs Heather xx

Heather said...

Fabulous card Cheryl, your colouring and shading are amazing and I love your colour and paper choice.
hugs Heather xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cheryl,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Your card is wonderful, I love the image very much, yummie!
Hugs Jacqueline

RoseC said...

You've filled this cupcake beautifully with your choice of Copic colors. I had to look more closely at the paper liner as it looks so real that I thought you paper pieced it. Nicely done.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin