Monday, December 6, 2010

Snowman Quartet

Hello! I didn't mean to be absent for so long! I'm coloring all the time, but lately I'm "layout challenged" so don't seem to finish anything! I used a terrific stamp from Whipper Snapper called Snowman Quartet for this card. I love, love snowman so this is FOUR times as nice as one! The paper from Basic Grey (Olivia) seemed to have gray in it so I used that for my card base. It's hard to tell, but the next layer is Blushing Bride from SU to coordinate with my coloring. That gorgeous Grey satin ribbon came free in my last package from Ellen Hutson!
Here's a close up. I used BG10 and T3 for the 'sky'.
There's a little E42 on the faces.
The greens are G40, G24, and a little G29
The pinks are R22 and R24
Greys are T1, T3, T5 and then C1 for blending and C7 for darkening.
We're getting some of the snow today that we didn't get in the snow storm last week. This is the first year that I have to drive in it in 7 years. At about 10:15 I have to leave one school (near our house) and drive to the other elementary. Today is the first day I dread that drive. I'm trying to remember not to rush it!
I hope whatever challenges you face today that you prevail over them! Thanks for visiting!
Cheryl
.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is so cute. I love snowmen too and they have been coloured beautifully.

Glenda said...

Loving those little snowmen! The coloring is really nice and I love the DP you chose!

Diane said...

A gorgeous and really cute card, Cheryl! Wonderful colouring!
Diane x

IL Cielo di Praga said...

this card is very very fantastic and wonderful!!!!kiss by maria anna...cielodipraga.blogspot.com

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cheryl,I love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Candy said...

Cheryl,

Sure hope you managed safely today driving from one school to the other and then home as well!!

I just have to say your snowmen ROCK!! You know how much I love your work :o) Their cheeks are so fabulous not perfect but all shapes - I think that makes them so special. Beautiful colours for the rest of them too!
Like the paper you used and the satin ribbon.

Big hugs, Candy

Sandy said...

What is better at Christmas than Snowmen - that is if you are lucky enough to have them - HO HO HO
Happy, happy card -- I love it!
Sandy

Nancy Parker said...

Hi Cheryl,What a cheery card - it brought an instant smile to my face. (I'm a snowmwan lover also.) Hope your snowy commute went well, I also dread driving in the fluffy white stuff. Nancy

angelwhispers said...

Love the images they are so cute and fabulous colours look perfect with these papers!! Chanelle xxx

Brenda said...

love, love, love those snowmen!! The plaid paper is perfect with them!!! Amazing card!

Lisa Kind said...

LOVE this image! Such cute little snowmen! Great card Cheryl! Be safe on those roads! Sorry you have to travel!

Carol Meadows said...

This turned out so cute and you got my attention that I bought the image and can't wait to try it out! Thanks! Carol M in TX/carolswingster77@aol.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin