Thursday, December 9, 2010

Loving Christmas Wishes

Hi! Thanks for dropping by! So happy you're here! This 5.5" card features Vintage Tilda (#3063) from Magnolia-licious. I colored her with my copics and cut her out because I wanted to feature her on a creamy (vintagy) background to match the papers I'd chosen. Yep, it's Basic Grey Jovial AGAIN!

I colored and cut out one of the Magnolia-licious benches for her to sit on. I don't see this one is my search for 'bench', but there are others and there are lots of things for our favorite kids to sit on in "furniture" I REALLY want the bench with the holly! (Next order, it's mine!)
The ticket stamp is also from Magnolia, but I don't see it in inventory. You could check with Diana if interested.
I stamped Tilda twice and cut out a separate arm/ornament. I also colored a second face and raised that with Silicone gel. There are stickles on her lace and spica pen on the ornament for some shine.

Her close up-the 'chin' didn't glue down well this time. When I get the edges glued down her face has a nice rounded appearance. It's tough to get glue in there afterward so I just left it this way.

Several have asked, so here is a picture of the Dimensional Silicone that I use under images. I get it from Buffalo Stamps and Stuff (my LSS).
Guess I've said enough about this card!
Enjoy your day! Wow! Thursday already! I'm grateful that the roads should be passable again today!
Cheryl


27 comments:

Lisette Morris said...

Very Sweet Cheryl, I like the pop ups. It gives them so much more charcter. Beautiful card.

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Cheryl, just love the colours you've chosen.

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Beautifully done Cheryl! Loving your pop up idea. Fantastic.
Blessings to you~
Leslie Avila

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful Cheryl!!! Perfect image and beautiful papers Chanelle xx

Barb Hardeman said...

Another beautiful card, Cheryl. Your color choices are wonderful and the whole card is really festive. Love the popped up face, but never thought about using silicone gel! Thanks for the tip!
Hugs,
Barb

Shelley said...

Great card. Love that you did some demential on this one and showed us what you used. Beautiful card. TFS

Brenda said...

Super cute. I love the added dimension. So fun!

Linda Imler said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the vjntage Tilda.

Linda I

Sandy said...

Thanks for the tip on the silicone stuff -- I'm going to give it a try!
Pretty Christmas card and I love using the benches from Magnolia to sit the kiddies on. Never though about just popping up the face before. You are just full of all kinds of ideas today. Thanks!
Sandy

Kathy Gerace said...

I love your card. The coloring is great! I really like the touch that popping out parts of the image gives. Gorgeous card!
Kathy

Cami said...

Another wonderful card! Great layout, embellies, and I always admire your coloring. Thank you for the tip on making things dimensional with that silicone. Happy Holidays Cheryl! Hugs, Cami

Rosie said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl!! Love the papers and that Tilda is so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I love the papers, layout and gorgeous coloring!
hugs,
Shell

Riet said...

So wonderful card Cheryl,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, so cute and the colours are wonderful.
Hugs Jacqueline

Candy said...

Fantastic work as always, Cheryl.
I have been looking all over for that silicone!!!
Hugs, Candy

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Cheryl!
A lovely card you have made. Tilda is colored very nicely. Great dimensions with her face. Nice layout too.
Hugs Maz

Iulia said...

Beautiful card! Still, it might have required some extra work with the double face an dsilicon gel and so. But it really came out beautifully.
Hugs, iulia

Sylvia said...

What an adorable card Cheryl! Your coloring is beautiful and i love your DP
Hugs Sylvia

Michelle said...

Oh I love this Cheryl!! Colored fantastically & the papers are just gorgeous!

LINDA W. said...

Beautiful card your your coloring
and you DP's
Hugs Linda

Jean said...

Cheryl I love your adorable vintage card.. the colors are beautiful and love your layout.. a great card..
Hugs, Jean

Nancy Parker said...

Hi Cheryl, Beautiful card. You give such loving details to your paper creations. Nancy

Anonymous said...

Cute card, I have a pad of the Jovial and it's awesome! Rea

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful card! I keep forgetting about that silicone stuff! I have to start using it! Glad the roads are passable! Enjoy your weekend!

Tanja said...

I love your cards!
XX Ester

Bastelherz said...

I like your card. Your color ist beautiful. lg Chris

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin