Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tilda in Red and Gold


Hi all! I wish I could take a decent photo so you could see the rich colors of this card!
Oh well, I'll keep trying!
This is a Tilda from the Fall collection, available at Magnolia-licious here:
Diana's Fall sale will be ending soon.
I colored her the other night to match the beautiful Cosmo Cricket paper from last year titled "Wonderland" The rustic colors are terrific! I wanted Tilda's shorts to look like camel colored wool and her sweater to be a rich red. I had to blend some browns on top of my red to deepen the red. Then I used my blender to remove color.
The card base is Barely Banana. The flannel plaid layer is Cranberry Crisp. The dark green/brown paper is from cosmo, then another layer of Banana. The piece behind Tilda is a journal panel from the Cosmo pad. All layers are sponged on the edges with darker colors.
I think this week's SCS sketch works pretty well for my girl. Look at Kerry's wonderful card in similar colors: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1117518 We must have been channeling each other!
Copic markers used follow;
Sweater R37, E31, E35, R59
Boots: E31, E33, E35, E57
Hair E35, E37
Shorts, Socks: Y21, E53, E35
Have a great day! We're getting close to Friday and the temp here in Western NY will be 70 today! It can't get any better!
Cheryl

3 comments:

Danni said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Awesome job!

Irina Blount said...

Such a great card!! Love your choice of paper and your coloring is awesome!!
Hugs,
:) Irina

Danielle said...

This is beautiful! Great colour choices and the layout for the card is just perfect! Keep those Tilda's coming .....just love them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin