Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Leti it Snow Card!

I had no intention of making this card today, but that's why it's so great to play the SCS challenges! The color challenge today (Basic Grey, Pacific Point and Certainly Celery) brought this card to life.
I really don't like Pacific Point at all! (Sorry to those who d0!) That's another reason to play this challenge, I bought a package, why not TRY to use some of it! And , it really does look like this outside our Wester New York windows today! Beautiful!

This is crosstitch Tilda, the old window, snowflake background and the Winter trees from Magnolia.
The store is here:
http://www.magnoliastamps.us/index.php
I did add a few branches to the tree with my black pen because it looked a little small. I had to redraw the bird because it fell right on my mask for the window!

The card base is Basic Grey, then a layer of Pacific point, sponged with Not Quite Navy, the dp from SU last year. I don't think it's really Celery, but I couldn't find my Celery dp! The stash has taken over my craft room! The window and Tilda are stamped in Memento Tuxedo black on Papertrey Select white cardstock and colored with copic markers. I must confess that I colored the Tilda a while ago when I made another card with her so I am uncertain of the colors. for the window I used E31, E33, the shades of grey until it "matched" my grey paper. N-1, then C3 and C5. I colored the tree with one of the dark brown.. My snowflakes are stamped in Baja Breeze ink. then I used Liquid Applique and stickles (stardust) for my snow and flakes. The hodge podge is from SU (love that stuff) and the ribbon is Papertrey's Moss green.

A HUGE thank you to Veterans present and past who serve and have served our great country.
You deserve all honor and glory!
Have a great day!
Cheryl

11 comments:

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! The colour combo works so well with this Tilda stamp! Very lovely window scene - you did a great job!

Stampin'Piper said...

What a cute Card! Wonderful Colors and a beautiful Layout!

TFS! Hugs Tanja

Suzy said...

Cheryl she is PRECIOUS! Such a lovely Tilda and card :)

hugs
Suzy

Danni said...

So, so cute!! Love all of it!

stampingtink said...

She's beautiful Cheryl! I love, love your coloring. And the window is great!

Candy said...

You card is just wonderful! What a great job of colouring . . . I am amazed how you made your background.

Kimmie said...

That windo is fab! Totally love that card and it's so versatile!

Kimmie said...

That windo is fab! Totally love that card and it's so versatile!

Lisa Kind said...

So beautiful! If you pair Pacific Point with Red and white, it's stunning! Try to like it...it's a nice color!

Irina Blount said...

Such a beautiful card!! I always admire your coloring!!
Hugs,
:) Irina

Tammi said...

Adorable, love her with the window!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin