Wednesday, October 16, 2013

More Die-Inlay with PTI


Hello!  I had Monday off to celebrate Columbus Day and I was able to get some cards made!! Happy, happy!  Here are two of them!  I hope to inspire you to go to your craft table and try this technique.  Then head to the JUGS blog for more inspiration and to enter your card so we can see what you've created!!
For the first I used aqua mist (or pool party) to cut PTIs tree and leaf die.  I also cut it from white and stamped all the leaves.  I stamped by leaving the leaves right in the die cut so I could balance my patterns and colors. I wish I had taken a picture.  Then I glued them in place into the aqua die cut after gluing it to a kraft cardstock base  I was easy to figure our where to place the leaves because there was a bit of color left on the edges of the white die cut.  I just had to match my leaves to that piece. I stamped the tree trunk in soft suede and glued it in place.  This easy card is finished off with some orange jewels and SUs rustic ribbon.
I had stamped some pumpkin pie card stock with cajun craze ink.  I just cut the tree and leaf die again from kraft card stock. I glued it to the pumpkin pie piece and then to a summer sunrist (PTI) card base. I stamped the tree trunk again in soft suede and placed that back in the die cut.  I added some orange stickles to the leaf edges and tied twine around the card. Done!

I'm having camera issues lately.  I sponged both cards and they look okay IRL, but in my pics they look a bit overdone, I think!!
You have until Thursday at 9:00 pm Eastern Time to enter your card/project on JUGS.  I think you'll like this technique!  Then watch for a color challenge this Saturday!!
Thanks for visiting today!!
cheryl

3 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Ooh, getting inky! Love it! These are beautiful and what a great die for this technique!

Laura said...

Beautiful cards! Love the die! I must have it now... LOL!

Unknown said...

These are really fab Cheryl! I particularly love the first card! :)
Lizy xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin