Saturday, October 12, 2013

JUGS 210-Die Inlay!

Hello!  I hope you had a great week!  Mine was full of school and meetings so there wasn't much time left for crafting unless I gave up sleep (which I can't seem to do anymore!!) KWIM??
Anyway, our JUGS challenge for you this week is to create something using the DIE INLAY technique.  Come on!! You know you've been meaning to try it! I know I had been for some time!  Please visit the JUGS challenge blog for LOADS of inspiration!

I pulled out some new and old Impression Obsession dies along with a new PTI set Two Feep Deep for my fun card!  It is just what I imagined and I love when a plan comes together! It doesn't happen often for me!!
I stamped the bg with Just Write designs lace (but I think it has a Nordic look to it!).  Then I cut two sizes of snowflakes from the stamped piece and glued them back in place on Aqua Mist cardstock.  I added some sparkle with Stardust stickles and let that dry (while I was at work!! (Ugh!)  But it is one way to keep my fingers out of wet stickles!!  I cut the sled from kraft and stamped in soft suede and black.  Then I went to work again-next day- while glossy accents dried on the metal parts of the sled.  Had also stamped the pine boughs for the sled. I tried the ribbon, but knew it needed something else so I added the IO pine bough and my new cats from IO.  They are cut from cream and sponged with Distress Caramel and Soft Suede.  I added pearl paint to the bottom for snow and threw some glitter on that as well as on the pine bow and called it done (finally!)
Finally, here is a bit of a side view. Not sure if you can tell, but the cats and sled are raised on dimensional pieces. I LOVE this card and plan to make a few more to mail out in the upcoming season.  I really hope you like it too!  More importantly, I hope you'll join us this week in the challenge to use die inlay on your cards and projects!!  You have until Thurs. Oct. 17 at 9:00 pm ET. to link your creation up on the JUGS blog
Thanks for visiting today!! Happy creating!  Cheryl

8 comments:

sue t. said...

amazing card, I just got that set from PTI myself.... may have to "borrow" your idea!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful card with the technique! Love the cats by the sled~

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! I love the lacy background and that sled....nicely done!

Marisa said...

Love the BG and the kitties by the sled :) Lovely touch with the pine bough.

Lisa Kind said...

Love it! That sled is so cool with the glossy accents and I love the kitties! Reminds me of your kitties. Love the way you used the technique too! I'm at the cabin posting this! So pretty here!

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous!!! Thanks for all the work you put in-
sherry107

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl!!! Love it!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your card is stunning! Love that beautiful background and that cool sled.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin