Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Second card-Snow in Blue

Good morning! Wow, thank you so much for all the great comments yesterday! Weren't all the snowman cards just terrific!
As promised, here's my second with the snow colored with blues and a similar layout. I did make this one as an easel card which is so fun and easy! I used Baja Blue and Celery to match my Wintergreen (SU paper which I have hoarded! I love it so much! I think it was made to match Sage Shadow, but it is perfect with Baja! The layour on the front of the card is a sketch by Cindy Lawrence in a past VSN on splitcoast. It's a real keeper for large center images. I used my copics to color the snow. I started very light with BG0000, then BG10 and sparingly BG72 for the darkest. I used the cool greys for his hat and YGs for the vest. Here are the YGs I used YG01, YG21, YG93 and YG95.
Remember the team wants to see how YOU color snow! You can check out the details on Copic Creations Challenge Blog. You can win 25.00 from Whipper Snapper!
Lest you think this has become a snowman blog-tomorrow I will have a Magnolia card with one of the new Maggies!
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs, Cheryl

17 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Fab colour combo, and I love how you have tinted the edges of your snowfalkes!! Stunning card!

Julia Aston said...

Love your easel card Cheryl! what great colors and such a fun snowman!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, Cheryl, I love him equally well in blue. Such pretty colors and this image is so fun! Thanks for sharing another version.

Deb (dcorder) said...

What a fun and beautiful card! I just love the green...wow!

Sandra MacLean said...

Awww, he is priceless Cheryl! Love the non traditional green combo for this Christmas card!

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow!!!!!!!!! This is GORGEOUS! Loving that color combo!

Nancy Parker said...

Cheryl, I love it! Snowmen are so cute how could anyone ever tire of them? Great colour combination. Have a terrific day, Nancy

Shirley N said...

Such a beautiful easel card! Love your layout and your coloring on this adorable card!

Jodi said...

OH Gorgeous!! Love the winter color you used, he looks great in both warm and cool colors!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Cheryl, what an amazing card. I adore the colours you have used. Truly gorgeous. xo Jackie

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Love this card, so beautiful...thanks for sharing!

MarieL said...

Cheryl, your cards are all winners. I just love looking at your beautiful coloring and all the complementary extras.

Unknown said...

Oooo this is gorgeous! Your colouring is absolutely perfect:) Love it! Hugs, Rowena

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Cheryl! Love it!

Kittie said...

Cheryl, your projects are gorgeous.

Kim said...

Cheryl your card is gorgeous hun! Amazing work!
Hugs~ Kim

Only By His Grace said...

He looks super in this colour scheme as well. Great job.
Hugs Marion

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin