Sunday, January 25, 2009

FS103 Celebrate Vicky!

Good Sunday afternoon!
This card is for today's FS over at Splitcoast, Vicky Gould! She is terrific and leaves such nice comments! I saw several chicken cards in her gallery and found her 'shroom card to get a sketch for my card.
This is a new chicken by Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper. It's really cute, IMO!
I stamped the chick on watercolor paper with Versifine ink, let it dry well and then water colored with SU reinkers. I used my Distress in in Vintage Photo for the edges of the Riding Hood Red and Cosmo cricket dp. The dotted paper is from Bo Bunny. I love to pull in the colors by layering with my Nestabilities and that's what you see here!
Water coloring was certainly my first love (before copics) and I used to use it a lot on cards. It felt really good to go back to it for this image.
Good to have you visit today!
Cheryl
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

DillyDilly said...

What a happy card Love the papers Hugs DIlly x

Kerry D-C said...

How Fun!!! Fabby card!

Lisa Kind said...

Love that chicken, and he's watercolored! I haven't seen you do this in a long time! Great job on the challenge!

Sharon Caudle said...

So cute and so fun!!! I love it!

Crystal said...

Love the chicken....
great job on the watercoloring, I love to watercolor as well.

I visit your blog daily, love it!!!

and did I say I LOVE the chicken....I have a thing for chickens...LOL
Again, great job!!!

diane zechman said...

Love your watercoloring & plaid paper! Fun card!

Heidi said...

This is adorable, chick fun!

Candy said...

Love the chicken - put a big smile on my face. Great card once again.

Unknown said...

This is FABULOUS!! Love the watercoloring (GORGEOUS!) You can color with ANYTHING! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin