Friday, December 5, 2008

Man's card?


What do you think? I made this card for a (man) friend of ours whose birthday is tomorrow, Dec. 6. It has a little sparkle because I couldn't resist! I tried to use manly colors to match the Wanted dp from Stampin' Up and Cosmo Cricket. I'm going with it because it's the last minute and I don't have time for another! I kind of like how it turned out, too.
I used Sage, Rust and Chocolate from SU! and Papertrey Ink White select cardstock to stamp and color. I used Copic markers to color this adorable Cupcake Mouse from Whipper Snapper designs. I have had him a LONG time and had never inked him up! Poor little guy!
There is some sponged ink around the image that is mostly soft sky and baja breeze. I grabbed a dirty sponge from my table and didn't even need the ink pad! LOL!
Please stop by my friend, Lisa's blog, Kind Creations. She is lakind on SCS. She has some great blog candy ready to go because she has reached 10,000 hits! Way to go, Lisa! You have such a "classy" blog. Here's the link:
Better get to work! Wish the weekend was more than a mere 48 hours!
thanks for taking some of your precious time to visit here! Cheryl

7 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

I think it's perfect for a man! Very cute and nice manly colors as well! Thanks for the shout out for my blog! : )

Cindy said...

Oh I love it! Men like cute too! just not fluffy!

Tammi said...

It's perfect! My DH's b-day is tomorrow too, and he likes the Penny Black hedgies. :) Your card is CUTE, beautiful coloring!

Kerry D-C said...

This is darling! I think any handmade card is too nice for a man...they just don't appreciate it...unless it was made from wood and duct tape!

Linda Palmer said...

I love this card. WS is one of my favorites. I love the colors you used and what a great job of coloring you did.

Friday Sketcher Design Team said...

wow... lovely card.
your coloring is very inspiring Cheryl.
hugs have wonderful weekend

Terria said...

What a cute card, I love theses colors great job!
By the way tag your it ;)
Stop by my blog for details.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin