Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bag in a Box


I know these have been all the rage lately and with good reason! If you haven't made one you've got to! They are so easy and fun! I made 10 to give to teacher friends at school today.
My directions came from Inking Addict. The directions are very easy to follow. Beware though, they hold A LOT of candy!
I used Always Artichoke cardstock and Basic Grey Wassail paper. I punch the flowers from Cranberry Crisp with my 5 petal punch. Then I wadded and curled, and just generally wrinkled them up. Then I sponged them with Bravo Burgundy. The Marigold morning flower is from the old SU punch with 3 flowers. It is sponged with Adirondack Butterscotch. The center star shape is the punch out from my Martha Stewart snowflake punch. They were EVERYWHERE so I decided to use some of them!
The scrunched flower idea came from Blondie090277's Gallery. Pretty neat, huh?
We have had TWO snowdays, but our Christmas cards STILL aren't done! I'm so frustrated. I really don't like doing them on Christmas Eve, but that's my plan for tomorrow! I don't send all that many, so there is no excuse for this! (Mad at myself here!)
Gotta go to work today!
Thanks for being here!
Cheryl

3 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

They are fun to make and the first one is always a "wow", isn't it? They are just the cutest bags! I love the combo of colors and paper you used! I have that MS snowflake border punch and know what you mean about the little stars being EVERYWHERE! LOL! Dont' stress about the cards...I don't even have my gifts wrapped yet! Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

Cheryl, this is so cute!! I have NOT made one but I've seen plenty, & they are definitely on my "to try" list. AFTER the holidays, lol, because like you I never did get my Xmas cards done ~~ next year ~~ & today was horrible weather AGAIN so I didn't even get everything on my Xmas list. Too bad, it's not like we're all needy here, one less Xmas present isn't going to matter!! Hugs & Happy Holidays!!

diane zechman said...

Cheryl, I love the quilted look you achieved by using that fun paper! very cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin