Sunday, February 28, 2016

Splitcoast Featured Stamper-Easter Bunny

Hi there!  Well, another weekend almost gone, but I made the time to color today! Now I need to get busy with some school work I brought home! Ugh!

 I decided to join in the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers when I saw a cute laughing bunny card the FS had made. I recently got this more serious bunny (Valentine's Day-thanks, Dave!!) from Whipper Snapper Designs!  I decided on a square card with an aqua frame as she had an aqua layer on her card.  The plaid layer matches a plaid layer on her card.
I used my ink blending tools to make an inky background with coastal cabana and hawaiin shores as well as Lucky Limeade and Simply Chartreuse. Then I splattered it with water and my paintbrush.  The watercolor paper is what Kay Miller recommends (from Hobby Lobby).
Now the bunny is stamped on some creamy Canson watercolor paper and colored in SU reinkers and a paintbrush with SU reinkers. Then I fussy cut him out. (Sure love having dies for so many stamped images now, don't you?)  The clouds are from an MFT die. The sentiment is from a WS set that Anna Wight designed a number of years ago. :)
Trying to figure out where to put some stickles or glitter for sparkle, but for now it's good!
Thanks for coming by! See you soon!

2 comments:

Christine Dol said...

Oh Cheryl...you do the cutest ever cards!!!!

Lisa Kind said...

So adorable! Love the bg you created and that cute bunny!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin