Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Another Winter tag!

Hello and happy mid-week!  We are really in the icebox this week in Western New York! It's 12 degrees currently and going to drop (!!) through the day! Snow and wind warnings abound! But a snow day from school~not likely!
 Here's another tag I made and sent to a friend who also loves the My Favorite Things polar bear set. I started with a manilla tag and stenciled snowflakes from a memory box stencil onto it in aqua (not sure of colors now-possibly coastal cabana, pool party?)  I sponged the edges with vintage photo to dull the color a bit.
I had cut several of this MFT snowflake from SUs silver glitter paper so I added one of those.  I was trying to figure out how to fill the tag with my polar bear, ice block and sign.  It just seemed empty on the bottom when I saw a scrap of glitter paper laying (lying?) there on the table.  Just what I needed!  After that a skinny strip of purely pomegranate and some dots with a white pen.  Then I could call the tag done. I added ribbon, brown twine and baker's twine to the top and mailed it off to Luanne!
My 'contest' is still going on (Until this evening)!  I've pulled together a little pile of goodies, included the brick stencil from MFT, a Whipper Snapper stamp, spellbinder's nestabilities, Magnolia stamps (3), a dotted stencil, AND the snowflake stencil I used on this card!
Please see THIS POST for my contest and leave a comment!! 
AND the JUGS challenge is going on until tomorrow (Thursday) at 9 pm.  It's HERE.
Thanks for swinging by!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Joan V said...

So beautiful. I love that bear. Awesome tag. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin