Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Retro Roses


Good morning! Well, back to work wasn't so bad, but was I tired last night!! This is a card I made over the weekend (when I had energy!).
This is actually a Magnolia stamp called Retro Roses. It is from the Summer 2008 Shabby Chic collection. This one is stamped on Hot Press water color paper and water colored. I'm not sure what black ink I used, but it was the WRONG one because I got some running when I used my reinkers to water color. Oh well, I like it anyway and maybe it's not too noticeable!
The paper is more of the new Graphic 45, Fashionista. I made a lot of shabby black cards this weekend. I decided to use Kiwi Kiss with this one for a different look.
I love the look when you leave the shape in the nestability and sponge. You get that nice, clean edge. Have you tried it yet?
Well, I have to get some photos emailed. I have had the privilege of designing for another company! The news will be out in a few days!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a good Tuesday!
Cheryl

9 comments:

Classroomfree said...

Gorgeous card :)

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Elegant! I love this.
Great job!
hugz
deb

Candy said...

Hey Cheryl,

Congratulations on getting the job to design for another company. Your work is sooo good no wonder you were invited!!

I like your card - have never seen the roses. Studied the picture a lot and definately couldn't see any running of black ink. Very pretty!!

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Cheryl - that layer of green really makes it pop! Great retro roses stamp - love it!
Hugs, Danielle

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful, Cheryl!! I'm going to have to give that technique of sponging before taking it out of my nestie a try! I like that look! A big congrats on the new DT! I'm not one bit surprised! Have a great day!!

Michelle said...

Well it looks perfect to me!! Love the sponging...and the papers. Congrats on your new DT spot!! Can't wait to hear who else you'll be designing for!

Julia Aston said...

How pretty! those roses are fun!

Kerry D-C said...

what lovely card! Can't wait to see what company you are now designing for! A smart one obviously!

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful card! Congrats on the new DT team! Yeah!! I can't wait to hear who it is...any hints you want to give? LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin