Sunday, February 8, 2009

Little Alf from the Forest!

I was going to call this "Forest Thief", but he's not the thief, I am! I made this card for today's featured stamper on SCS, Karen Dunbrook. Here's the card I cased. I loved the use of all the pattern papers and her beautiful flowers. I couldn't just leave my CASEing at that so I also used ideas from two friends whose work I admire. Michelle
(Mommy Time)
makes these great blooms of all kinds using different materials. I also cased Sweet Miss Daisy's Anna Wight
She has been making these twill ribbon and button thingies on her cards. See, I AM the thief!

Here's sort of the side view so you can see he is up on dimensionals. The Basic Grey paper is from last year's Archaic 6x6 pad. I used the SU set, Three Trees, to make the area behind him look like a forest.
I got my Alf stamp from Magnolia-licious.
Now I want the sitting Alva, too! I colored little Alf with copic markers. I think his little vest looks like suede! The colors follow.
Greens: Yg91, YG93, YG95, and BG96
Browns: E31, E33, E35, E37, E57 and E77. The rust color is E08.
I used my usual face colors, but added a little extra E02 on his freckles and didn't blend it out so much.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Cheryl

12 comments:

Darlene said...

This is awesome Cheryl!! LOVE this little elf and all the elements you've used here! I might have to "case" a few of these ideas too... love the button twill idea ... what a great touch!!

Danielle said...

This is gorgeous Cheryl! Your colouring is just perfect of him! I love all the elements you use in your cards - beautiful!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome!! I love it. :)

Kerry D-C said...

aaaaw! this is so stinkin' adorable!

Cami said...

How cute is this little Alf card. All your embellies are done so nicely and as always, your coloring is superb.

Unknown said...

wow he looks great with his green jacket.Lovely card and colors
greetings emilie

Candy said...

Hi Cheryl,
As usual another wonderful card. Your colouring is superb! Love all of your embelies.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, Cheryl! Imagine my surprise when I pop over for my daily dose of Cheryl goodness, & see my name in print!! I am honored that you take any inspiration from me, because you spew inspiration all over the place (that's a compliment, really, lol!!). I wish I could color with Copics like you...I keep practicing, but nothing ever ends up good enough to post. My circular file is getting quite full from my Copic attempts!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh Cheryl, so very nice!!

Monique said...

Wow Cheryl,

I love your cards. So many beautifull details and coloured in gorgious !!!

Monique

Sharon Caudle said...

He's gorgeous Cheryl!!! Love him and your coloring is fantastic as always! Beautiful card!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Aww, he's sooo cute--love the stamped forest behind him! Great layout too!

hugz,
Suzanne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin