Thursday, March 10, 2016

Whipper Snapper-Carry a Big Stick!

As I was typing the title of this NEW Whipper Snapper Design image I realized the reference! It must be to Teddy Roosevelt's foreign policy, "Speak softly and carry a big stick".  I'm not sure this adorable dog would speak softly!  Gotta love a dog with a big bark!
Was I rambling? Sorry!  Here's the LINK to the image at Whipper Snapper Designs.  So cute and fun to color. Mine is stamped on watercolor paper and watercolored with a paintbrush and reinkers from Stampin' Up. I loved the non-uniform shape of the image. When die-cut from a square it gave me that nice opening for a sentiment on the front of the card (on SU's oval punch). 
The decorative papers are miniprints from Papertrey Ink in burgundy (I forget what she calls the color) and kraft and the card base is kraft.  The dies are all from My Favorite Things-getting a lot of use lately!  Click on the images to get a close up or visit my Splitcoast gallery where images tend to be larger.
The dog's nose and eyes both have some glaze pen added to them for a little extra shine and there are stickles on his/her kerchief as well as the grass and leaves.  Such a pretty dog!
Thanks for visiting! Come back soon, won't you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin