Monday, February 17, 2014

JUGS challenge and a cat pic!

Hi friends!  I haven't felt well for about a week now, but am finally on the mend. Nothing serious, just a nasty head cold!  Kept me down, though! But, I'm back!  We have a color challenge going on at Just Us Girls!  It sort of involves the colors of the rainbow, but you only need use three. I chose pink, yellow green, and aqua for my card.
First, here is Violet!  She is our very agile girl cat.  I love the lit space above my kitchen cabinets. I use it to display pottery and mason jars I've collected.  But, it seems, Vi likes it too!  She can jump from the counter to the top of the fridge and right up over the molding!  Charlie is such a chunk he isn't able to follow her here! Just thought I'd show you!

 And, my card!  I used a 5.oo PTI set from the Polka Dot Parade releases.  This one has candles and a few sentiment.  I put two of the candles on a block and stamped in Coastal Cabana, Summer Starfruit and PTI's Hibiscus Burst.  then I added the flame in Summer Sun. Stardust Stickles were added to the stripes and flames.  The green layer is Simply Chartreuse (PTI), and the aqua is Coastal Cabana (SU).  The plaid dp is Rasberry Fizz as is the card base (PTI).  The inverted tag is from Taylored Expressions (Stacklets).  I added a little divine twine for interest.

You have until Thursday, Feb. 20 at 9:00 ET to enter in our color challenge and we'd sure love to see what you come up with!  Here's the LINK again!
Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back soon-no school this week!!
Cheryl

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Our cat does the same thing! Was fascinating to watch how he got up and down (fridge, to microwave to counter to floor). Darling card - love the candles :)

Sharyn Polesel said...

So glad you could join us this week, and glad you are feeling better! I think I have what you just got rid of.....horrible weekend! Love your card and those colorful candles!

Sherri said...

Love the card! What a bright & cheerful way to wish someone a happy birthday! My cabinets go all the way to the ceiling, but my cat loves the top of the fridge! I have cutesy things on top & even at 20 lbs., he never knocks them off!

Nancy said...

Great card Cheryl!!!! Love it! Hope your feeling better!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Cheryl, this card is so cute! I love how you used those colors and the fun design. I hope you continue to feel better.

Lisa Kind said...

Violet...she's so adventurous and cute too! So is your card! The colors and those candles are fabulous! So is that tag die! Love it! Glad you are feeling better!

Kristie said...

What an adventurous kitty you have! Nice bright & cheerful card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin