Saturday, March 6, 2010

Summer fun!

Hi friends! Here's the adorable Bella and her loyal Bronte Camping! It is, of course, one of Mo's images! It reminds me of camping many, many years ago! We were a family of six children and working parents-no elaborate vacations for us! It was camping somewhere around NY every summer-and tent camping (for most of the years) at that! My mom was a trooper! It was a lot of work for her, but SO MUCH fun for us! I don't think I every slept "under the stars", however!
I've used this Cosmo Cricket plaid many times, but this time I was able to use the reverse side too! Look at those little pull campers! Love it! I do not own a star punch, but flowers were not going to work here! I punched the five petal flower from SU and then carefully trimmed off the curves to get the large star. Then I used a similar method inside the 5 petal flower to get a fairly evenly spaced small star. They are sponged with mustard ink, covered with Matte
Accents and then glitter glass. I don't know if you can see it, but I also added some tan Fun Flock to the inside of the sleeping bag! Comfy!
Here's the link to the image at Mo's Digital Pencil!
It may not be camping weather yet, but the sun is shining for the third day in a row! Some of the snow has to melt!
Enjoy your Saturday and thanks so much for stopping by and please know how much I appreciate all the nice comments I get!
Cheryl

10 comments:

dolcreations said...

This is so darn adorable! Your colouring absolutely fabulous! You add such detail to your colouring and use perfect colours! I find it so inspiring to look at your works of art!
Have a wonderful sunny day!

mckinkle said...

Such a super fun card! Roll on the summer!

Keryn x

Linda McClain said...

Oh my STARS! This is fantastic. I LOVE the way you added the stars and all your special touches.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cheryl,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! Just adorable. I love how you colored it.

Nancy Parker said...

Hi Cheryl, What a super cute card. That image is so sweet & the paper you chose is perfect. Your colouring shows me I need practice - lots & lots of practice(lol)! Enjoy your weekend, Nancy

COCO said...

Oh waouh , you card is very wonderful !!
come on in my blog , I organizes a little blog candy .
hugs coco

Renkata said...

Wonderful image!
So pretty coloured.

Whimcees said...

What a wonderful card! I love the image and you have created a great card for it! Your attention to detail is very creative and makes the card extra special!

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

Lisa Kind said...

I NEED that image! This reminds me of Kali and me when we would go camping on our travels! She loved to go on vacation with us! Lizzie may have the chance at that this year! Great card, Cheryl!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin