Saturday, August 1, 2015

Just Us Girls #304 WORD WEEK

Hello! It's Saturday again and that means the Just Us Girls (JUGS) team has a new challenge for you! Maria has the word challenge this week and she has challenged us with the word AUTUMN!  A fun challenge, if you ask me! I love all things Autumn (well, except for going back to work!). The smells, the colors, the decorations, the leaves falling, the apples, the wine! All of it!

So, I got into that box that hold my beloved autumn stamps and pulled out this beauty. I think she's seen ink, but I'm not sure I've ever gotten around to coloring her.  I put off the cleaning I'd planned to do today and colored her up with my Zig Real Brush Clean Color Pens (or something like that-it's a mouthful!) Watercoloring made easy!  She is a stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs called 
Happy Scarecrow. Since it was my first time to color her I stayed pretty true to how she was colored on the WSD website.  I like pink and orange together anyway!

My card base is white, then there is a layer of pumpkin pie, cut with an MFT Blueprints die and sponged with Cajun Craze. then a layer of PTI dp (Berry Sorbet) also cut from an MFT die and finally to image which was stamped on water color paper and cut with an MFT cross stitch rectangle after the water coloring.  I mounted the focal image on the dotted dp and then cute the same size rectangle from craft foam so that panel could be raised without sagging.  After adhering those together, I wrapped my orange twine around twice and tied before using Scor-tape to stick that panel to the pumpkin pie.  Everything is very securely stuck together.  This card opens in the traditional book way which has become unusual for me.  I make so many top fold cards now.
So, thanks for coming by to look.  We sure hope you'll take up the challenge this week and join in. You have until Thursday, August 6 at 9:00 pm to link your card up to our main site.  And take a look at all the DT inspiration over there too!!  Here's the link: Just Us Girls Blog

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous coloring

Sharyn Polesel said...

Super cute scarecrow....beautifully colored!

Maria said...

Great image! Love it super cute! Great job with the challenge!

Nancy said...

Super card...and love that the colors are so bright and happy too!

Ina G said...

What a beautifully coloured scarecrow. She's gorgeous. Love all the colours you used and all the framing.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That scarecrow is adorable! Is there anything you can't color with? Your coloring blows me away!

Bonnie said...

That's the prettiest scarecrow I've ever seen! Love the pink and orange!

Lisa Kind said...

She's super cute Cheryl! I love her in the pink and orange! Good job with the brushes with the long name! LOL!

Chris Dring said...

Beautifully colored image, and love all those layers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin