Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gift Card Boxes


Hello!! In case you missed it (and I did!!) the Just Us Girls team has a color challenge for you this week! You have until Thursday, Dec. 25 at 9 ET to post your card.  So maybe, just maybe you have time for a little crafting today! I don't, but I'm not going to let a little thing like cooking and cleaning to stop me for getting together with my crafty supplies!
 Dave and I needed several gift card boxes this year. I was forced to buy a few from a big box store, but had to make some for a few special people.  I used the My Favortie Things paper bag die (can't say enough about how much I LOVE this die!!)  I cut my box from Pool Party
Then I used my mini foam tool to apply color to the edges (before putting the box together).  I used Coastal Cabana, then distress Peacock Feathers, then Not  Quite Navy to darken the edges.  My snow hill is cut from the Simon Says stamp snow hills.  The tree is from SU!s Loads of Love (you know, the truck set!)  The snowmen are from the Adorable Paper Smooches set called Cool Dudes.  I bought it just for this snowman, but the sentiments are nice, too!  Also before assembling the box I punch two small holes in each side and tied in some coordinating twine. Finally, I just wrapped some of the glittery grass around the card and stuffed it in.  Oops!  the snow is applied through the falling snow stencil (Simon Says Stamp) with Liquitex Modeling Paste.  The flakes just pop, don't they!?

I guess that about sums up this project! I made half dozen of these and they look adorable displayed on our tree!  I'll be back soon with an MFT polar bear card!  Maybe even tomorrow morning!
Please check out the JUGS blog for our color challenge and loads of inspiration, won't you!?
Until then, Happy Christmas Eve!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Foofygirl said...

Season's Greetings Cheryl! Your projects are always so wonderful and clever and this gift card bag is so stinkin! cute! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us all year! Debbie from Buffalo, NY

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin