Saturday, October 25, 2014

Just Us Girls-Photo challenge!

Hello!  It's challenge number 264 at Just Us Girls this week and Maria has a great photo for inspiration!!  It screams fall, and for me, fall means PUMPKINS!! I'm just crazy about orange and the other fall colors so I pulled out this Penny Black stamp (called pumkins) and colored to my heart's content!

My card base is the In Color orange from SU (um, forgot what it's called.  It's stamped with the flannel background stamp (Retired SU) that was still out from my last post.  I stamped it in Canyon clay from PTI, but maybe should have used a more 'rusty' color.
Anyway, I made a hinge style card by scoring JUST THE CARD FRONT at 1.25 inches and taping that section closed.  The remaining panel is a 4.25 in square which was perfect for my colored and mounted image.  The image is stamped on express it blending card and die cut with pierced squares from My Favorite Things.  The ribbon is dk brown dotted from Papertrey Ink.
I used mainly YR12, 15 and 18 for my pumpkins and some blender pen.

Won't you please visit Just Us Girls to see Maria's chosen photo (and tons of DT inspiration!) and then maybe create something to share with us!  Winners for Chic of the Week have a chance to be our guest designer in December!  You have until Thursday, Oct. 30 to enter YOUR design! 
Have a wonderful weekend!
Cheryl


7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the coloring on your fun pumpkins!

Ina G said...

I love looking at cards from people that can colour - and your pumpkins are gorgeous and so bright. Sure love that beautiful bow too.

Nancy said...

Beautiful coloring!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your coloring is amazing....love those pumpkins! Beautiful card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I am so envious of your gorgeous coloring! Those pumpkins are beautiful and I love the fold. The fun polka dot ribbon is the perfect addition.

Lisa Kind said...

I knew you would use one of your many pumpkin stamps! This is a very pretty one and of course you know how much I admire your coloring! Lovin' that style of card too! Very pretty card!

Chris Dring said...

What a fabulous card, Cheryl! Great image, and your coloring skills are amazing! Wow!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin