Saturday, June 7, 2014

Just Us Girls #243- SKETCH

Hi friends!  It's Saturday and that's good for all sorts of reasons!  But, one of the best reasons is that the JUGS team has a new challenge for you!  It's a sketch designed by Nancy and it's a good one!
My card base is PTI white card stock.  The rectangle layer is coastal cabana from SU.  I used Papertrey Ink's Sweet Summer (popsicle set) for my images and sentiment.  First I cut 4 squares from Spellbinders' square nestabilities.  I taped them to a piece of Sahara Sand (SU!).  This was all taped to the card base after tying a piece of hibiscus burst ribbon around the pool party piece.  Then I cut 4 more white squares from white.  I lightly taped them to a piece of scrap paper and got ready to stamp.  I stamped the first popsicle in hibiscus burst (PTI), cleaned the stamp and stamped it again in Pool Party (SU). I stamped the popsicle sticks in Summer Sun (SU) to finish off my cool treat.  I used foam tape from Ellen Hutson to raise the squares when I mounted them on top of the previous squares. This was my way of keeping everything all straight and lined up.  then I added glue to the popsicles and covered them with irridescent glitter.  After this driend I added some enamel dots to finish off the whole card. My sentiment is stamped in Versafine onyx black.
I hope you'll head right on over to the Just Us Girls blog for loads of inspiration from our team and our new guest designer!  And then to your own craft room/studio to see what you can come up with to show us!  Please join in our challenge this week!
Thanks for coming by today!  Enjoy your weekend!
Cheryl

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Okay. Now I want a popsicle LOL! Darling card and take on the sketch.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love popsicles and yours look like delicious frosty treats! Love the icy sparkle on them. Your card is super cute and I love what you have done with the sketch.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Now this is just fun! What a wonderful way to start the summer! Wish I had one of those popsicles.

Nancy said...

This card screams summer! Love your colors and the way the sticks show texture! Well done Cheryl! Enjoy your day!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun Popsicles! Perfect summer card~

Lisa Kind said...

Oh I love this! The Popsicles look real and I enticing enough to eat! Great colors too! Love what you did with the sketch!

How many more days? Counting them down!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin