Friday, March 21, 2014

LEGOS


Hello and TGIF!!  I'm so happy that it is Friday that I couldn't sleep past 4:00 am so I'm getting lots done before work today!  First up is a recent LEGO card I made!  I know some little boys who would be crazy about a card like this!  The 'boy' this one is going to is actually in his 30s!


It's pretty simple, too!  Just a 1 inch punch, some bright card stock and sponges for shading along with a 3/8" circle punch that I found on Etsy for only a couple of bucks!  With shipping the total cost was about 5.50!  I used PTI's poppy red and blueberry sky and SU colors Gumball Green and Summer Sun.  TIP: for the circles, just shade a bit of the cardstock BEFORE PUNCHING with ink and sponge.  It's too hard to sponge these dinky circles!  You get more ink on your fingers than on the card stock!
The circles are glued onto the card stock with Tombo liquid glue.  I found this worked better than glue dots since you can move them around a bit to line the dots up.  Glue dots make them much tougher to move.
As I look at my card the top LEGOS might be glue dots and the bottom glued! I'm not sure because I made a bunch of LEGOS and then put them on cards. Of course, putting the circles on dimensional pieces would look neat, too, but I was going for a quick card!

That's it for me today!  Please return tomorrow!  We have a new Just Us Girls challenge (photo inspiration) and I colored up a Tilda (Magnolia-licious) for it!

Have a great day! Cheryl

2 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

This is adorable and so clever! Happy weekend!

Frances said...

Great idea for kids cards! Thanks for sharing! Hugs Frances

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin