Monday, June 4, 2012

June Challenge card-Water, water, everywhere!!

Hello!! I have been a hopeless slacker with my blog and I am so sorry!  Work/school is really beating me up these days!  We've had nice weather so I've also had to focus on getting flowers planted.  And, then there's just the simple problem that i don't know where the time goes!
But, today I have a card for Mindy's excellent June challenge-to use something on your card having to do with water.  I love, love, love all my summer Tildas so it was hard to choose. I settled on TILDA IN KEY LARGO  ( link to the mini version) with the seashore background from a year or two ago.  If anyone has the numbers for these stamps, will you jot me a note, please? I am not able to find them anywhere!
But, YOU can check out the CHALLENGE HERE!

 I masked the image and the scenery into one image.  They are cut with different sizes of the spellbinders die from xpress it blending card, purely pomegranate and pool party.  The pool party layer is stamped (in baja breeze) with a wavy looking background called Elegant Fronds from JustRite cling stamps.  The sentiment is from Lily of the Valley.
 I used some Stampin' Up brightly colored buttons and paper for the inside.  I haven't decided on a sentiment for the open area.
 And, here are a couple more photos.
I used E11 and E33 on the sand.  Her skin is R30, E000 and E11.  I think her hair is Y21 and E99.  The blues are BG10, BG11, BG15  and BG53.  Oranges are YR61. 04 and 18.  The pinks are RV14, 17 ann 19.
I'm also entering in challenge 163 at Cupcake Inspirations! and at Paper Players! And I've also entered in the new Tilda's Town challenge (Tilda/Edwin and accessory stamp) Take a look!
Thanks for coming by to have a look see.  I'll try not to be a stranger!  Please join us in the Water, water, everywhere challenge before June 30!!
Hugs and have a great day! Cheryl

29 comments:

Carissa said...

Beautiful scene. Thanks for sharing.
Carissa

Pam said...

OMG Cheryl.....this is soooooo adorable. AWEsome coloring as always!!!!
Hugs....Pam:)

Kelly said...

Cheryl, your card is divine. I love the background and colors you used. The sparkly water is pretty too. I can hardly wait to get my Tilda in Key Largo.

Sheri said...

Ohhhh I love it!

Rene said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love the shape too! You should also link up at Tilda's Town (stamp plus an accessory stamp!)!!!!
Rene ;D

Tina said...

beautiful , love all the colors and this image is so cute

Thanks for sharing at cucpake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

nancyparker55 said...

Hi Cheryl, I have missed you but totally understand how life tends to get in the way of papercrafting,lol.
Your card is adorable. Really like how you used the 2 stamps together, I haven't tried that ..but I'm going to now.
hugs & blessings for a great day.

Elle said...

I LOVE your card. Everything about it is perfect.

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl, love the shape, papers and your colouring is perfect as always.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful scene you've created, I love the shape and colours, very sweet
Hugs julie P

Danielle Champagne said...

I do love this background very much, very pretty scene. and tilda is wonderfully colored too! Beautiful work Cheryl. Hugs.

Karen said...

This is beautiful! Great way to use those dies, I'll have to remember that! :)

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card Cheryl. Love the color combo and the Tilda image is super cute. Hugs, Ivonne

cabio's craft corner said...

Fun and cheerful card Cheryl. Love the summery theme of this card and those blings is awesome :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

Beautiful work, Cheryl!!
Sorry you are so busy these days.
Hugs, Candy

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

So cute and fun, love your card design.
Blessings Doreen

Unknown said...

Oooooooooooooooooooo What a super awesome beach scene!! I love Tilda in Key Largo, I just got her myself, and I love what you have done with her!! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous work with us at Tilda's Town this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Tina Makuc said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl!!!
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges with your beautiful creation !!!
Hugs, Tina

Susie Moore said...

Wow! Great card! You are a coloring master! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Dawn said...

Stunning card! Love the little scene, and Tilda in Key Largo is the perfect choice. Beautiful, bright and summery colour choices.

Hugs, Dawn

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, great accessory stamp matches perfectly with your Tilda. Thanks for joining in the fun at Tilda's Town challenge.
Teresa x

Cathy Lee said...

Awesome card, Cheryl. Love the shape. It's a nice change from the typical square. Tilda looks darling and beautifully colored.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Cheryl - fantastic stamping & colouring and love that added extra sparkle!

Suzan L said...

Hi Cheryl, I just love this beach scene card that you have created!! Oh My Goodness! it is so darling!! Your coloring is so beautiful and I love how you added the glitter.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Suzan

Becky said...

Absolutely gorgeous card
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
Tilda's Town Challenges
Hugs, Becky x

Delphine said...

Such a beautiful scene! Wonderful colours and I love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town and good luck! Delphine xx

diane zechman said...

This is gorgeous, Cheryl!

Lisa Kind said...

What a gorgeous card! I love your coloring, of course, but I love the color palette! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely scene this is! You've colored this so beautifully and I love the shape of your card! Have a great weekend! hugs, Angela

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin