Monday, April 16, 2012

Lovely, Luscious LACE!


KEEP READING FOR TODAY'S BLOG HOP INFO!! MY BLOG IS THE STARTING POINT!
Hello, dear friends!! I'm sorry to have been absent!! Dave and I returned on Friday from a 5 day vacation in Las Vegas! We planned it in January to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  We had a wonderful time away from work! We walked and walked and saw some shows. Oh yes, and ate! We loved it! I can't show any pictures because I left my camera at one of the shows and despite my many checks with the hotel no one turned it in! I was sick about the lost pictures I had takend, but then just had to get over it and instead I bought some disposable cameras.  The internet is so wonderful that I ordered a new camera (Thanks, Dave!) and it arrived at home the same day we did!  Here's a pic of our kitties Charlie and Violet! We sure missed them! 
And, now back to another love, papercrafting!  Today is the Design Team for Magnolia-licious Monthly blog hop!  Our theme this time is LUSCIOUS LACE!  We want to see lace on your projects!!  As I mentioned, I'm the start, but you can find the whole order and all the deets here on the Magnolia-lcious Blog!
I'm not typically a Princess card kind of person, but one of the hotels near our hotel was the Excalibur, which is just like a castle!  It was wonderful! As was our hotel, New York, New York (and all the others we visitied!). Anyway, the castle inspired me to make this card!  I think it will make a great birthday card for our great-niece!
I've used #304 LITTLE PRINCESS and #500 EDWIN'S KNIGHT CASTLE FOR  for my card.  Diana has lovingly bundled minis from the Prince and Princess Collection so the prices  and values are OUTSTANDING!! I'm using Lillyrose next!!

Here is te close up of Tilda looking over at the neighboring castle just as Dave and I did in Vegas!!
And, now you are off the see the fabulous creation by DT sister MINDY BAXTER!  Hey, Mindy, don't you live near Las Vegas?!
Back to work today! I wish you a Marvelous Monday!!
See you very soon!!
P.S.  Please remember~you have until the end of the month for our baby challenge too!!  That post is HERE!
I'm also entering my card in the My Time Made Easy sketch challenge!  That's HERE!

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Very precious card! Hugs! Leah Ann

angelwhispers said...

Cheryle this is wonderful just love the castle behind the window looks great and lovely colours!

So glad you had a lovely break but such a shame about the camera but at least you both can share your memories!! Love Chanelle xx

Louise said...

Beautiful card, love the scene you created
Louise

Louise said...

Beautiful card, love the scene you created
Louise

Monique said...

That is a lovely scene.

Hugs Monique

Teri said...

Oh this is just darling!! Glad you had fun in Vegas, I haven't been there in 8 years, so I know it has changed like crazy!! Love New York, New York, we've stayed there a few times!!
Hugs,
teri

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, love the scene you've created with Tilda!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

Beautiful works! Gonna have to dig out my lace!

Madge H. said...

What a pretty little Princess. Love it.
~ Rubber hugz ~
Madge

berlykim37 said...

I am a new follower and just adore your work...tfs

Madge H. said...

Absolutely gorjous card. Your colouring is absolutely amazing! Love the scene you've created.
~ Rubber hugz ~
M

janet said...

What cute kitties!!! Love your card!

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the beautiful shadowing on Tilda. The arrangement of those lace borders are so pretty. Cute Cute Cute!!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Barb Hardeman said...

How adorable Cheryl! I'm so sorry to hear about your loosing your camera - what a bummer! But, Hooooray! You're getting a new one! As a starter for the blog hop you did a fabulous job...hugs...Barb <><

Sharon Caudle said...

This is so cute, and how awesome that you were inspired by your fun trip to Vegas! So sorry to hear about you losing your camera. :( But the scene you created is absolutely adorable, and love the castle view out the window! Awesome start to the hop, Cheryl!
Hugs, Sharon

nancyparker55 said...

Cheryl, Missed you but glad you had a nice time away. Love this card. Nice lace along the bottom.

Lisa Kind said...

Well happy anniversary! So sorry to hear about your lost camera! That stinks! But I love your card! Always so much detail and lovely coloring in them! See you soon!

missstamper said...

Lovely card! Great colors!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so adorable. Happy Anniversary! I lost my camera in Las Vegas too! I was so sad, my BFF got married and I lost all the pics. I wanted to scrap book the event and so my husband suggested I look on line (googled Vegas) and print pic's of the places we went and just journal about it. That turned out to be my favorite scrap page.

Sandy said...

Oh I love your cats and YES I am a cat lady. Your card is delightful. I am so glad you had a get away with your husband to celebrate your anniversary but sorry to hear about your camera. Once again your card is wonderful - I love the feeling of peeking through a window!
Sandy

Elizabeth said...

Great ide wit the castle behind the window! Love it! Elizabeth xx

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Happy anniversary! Lovely card - I'm really into princes and princesses and really love it!
Hugs from Lisbeth

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! Darling card. I love how you used the window.

Karen

Donna said...

This card is so pretty, any little princess would want it.

mgoll88 said...

Very nice card, looks wonderfull!

LG
Michaela

Teresa said...

Superb card and a great blog hop!
Teresa xx

Unknown said...

Cheryl this is so adorable!!!! Love your design and Tilda is so so cute!!!! Fabulous work!!!!

diane zechman said...

Oh, that's just awful about the camera but it's great you could replace it so quickly. Very cute card! See you Saturday...woohoo!!!

Mary said...

Beautiful card!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card! Tilda looks stunning and I love the little scene.

Hugs, Dawn

Aartje said...

Beautyful scene did you make, gorgeous card.
Hugs Aartje

Dorte said...

Such a beautiful card, thank you for sharing.
Let the hop begin!
hugs Dorte

Kirsty said...

Hi Wow what a cool idea to have her on the window love that !! I like the picture too of your cats ;0) I think this is my favourite lacey punch too !!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin