Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGIE!


Hello!! My sincere apologies!! I don't know where the time has gone! I try to create and... NOTHING!!  No MOJO!! But...I made Angie Hunt a b-day card..finally.  I saw this card from Kittie747 and knew I had to have this Tim Holtz brick wall!
I cut it from Very Vanilla and sponged with the same colors Kittie used, Fired Brick and then Vintage photo inks. I envisioned a vine going up the lattice on the side of a brick building.  I'm not sure I achieved the effect I wanted, but when I place adorable Edwin (#117 from Magnolia-licious, the BEST store for Magnolias!!mini version is in stock) in front of it, I was happy with the results!  I hope you (and Angie) like it too!

I hope I'm remembering correctly that Angie has a little boy. I'll bet he's giving her a special Valentine today!
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!! Dave is taking me out to our favorite restaurant tonight! Yep, even though it's Tuesday! Can't wait!
But...it's of too work right now!
Hugs, cheryl

copics- blues B93,m95 and 97 and just a little blender
Reds R24, 29, 46 and 59.
hair E41, 43, 44 and 47

21 comments:

Kittie said...

Cheryl, the brick background is perfect for you adorabe birthday card. I especially love the foliage on the wall behind your darling little girl. Thanks for the link. Happ Valentine's Day
!

Karen said...

THis is great! : )

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl, that is such an original card, love the way you did that 'trellis', just pefect!! I'm part of a blog hop today, a joined venture between Whimsey Stamps, Make it Crafty and Little Miss Muffet stamps. There are loads of prizes to win so pop on over and join in on the fun! Hugs, Frea

Louise said...

Fabulous!! Love the brick background and it looks awesome with your lattice and lets not forget Edwin, he's sooo adorable
Louise

Regina said...

WOW!!! What a stunning card!!:)) Love all details you add to the card and Edwin is so cute.
Hugs
Regina

Cathy Lee said...

Darling card, Cheryl. I love your background and this makes an awesome birthday card.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

nancyparker55 said...

Hi cheryl, This is so cute. That brick background is great & your Edwin is adorable.
Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day.

Jeni said...

I hate it when my Mojo is M.I.A.!!
Yours is definitely back, this card is fabulous!! ~jeni :)

Pam Sparks said...

so handsome Cheryl! love it!

Vivi Casale said...

awww, how cute! background paper is awesome!!
xoxo

Julie said...

Such a brilliant Edwin card, the wall looks so textured and is the perfect backdrop for the little man! Juliexx

Pam said...

Hi Cheryl....really adorable Edwin in front of the brick wall. Love it.
Like to know who won the card and notepad????
Hugs....Pam:)

Karen said...

Very cool card! Great job coloring Edwin.

Karen

cabio's craft corner said...

Awesome card Cheryl. This brick wall looks stunning and the colored Edwin looks awesome :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Lynn Gardner/Babalyn said...

Cheryl I think you got your MoJo back. This card is adorable. I love that brick wall. I am guessing it's an embossing folder, right? It is spectacular as usual.
thanks so much for sharing.

Barb Hardeman said...

This card is just so creative, Cheryl! I love the brick background and the lattice with the greenery is perfect. Your coloring is fantastic...I'm sure Angie will adore the card...hugs...Barb <><

LINDA W. said...

Great card love the background you created with the embossing folder... great coloring.
hugs Linda

Sylvia said...

You did an amazing job with the brick wall. Love it. Beautiful card with beautiful colors.
xxxSylvia

Unknown said...

Wow this card is stunning, I love the colours and the leaves look real.
Francy

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow... love that brick wall, it is stealing Edwin's show! beautiful and very creative. A real romeo!

Michelle said...

Cheryl I can't imagine YOU not having mojo!! You are always creative & I always love ALL your creations! This is gorgeous - lucky girl Angie!
Have a super weekend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin