Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rudolph White Out!

Hi!!  We have another I Brake for Challenges challenge for you today!  The theme for this two weeks is White out!  that means no white card stock.  BTW, mine is cream and I hope it's allowed!!


I love this cute RUDOLPH image from I Brake for Stamps!  They have such a variety and Della releases new images all the time!!  AND, you can use my code SAVE10CHERYL to get 10% off your order.  Prices and shipping are reasonable too!! For examplet, this Rudolph in deeply etched red rubber is only 4.25!!  Check out the NEW SECTION for what's new in the store.  They also carry Wild Orchid Flowers!
For my card, I stamped the image on Kraft paper from PTI and colored with Prismas and gamsol.  I've seen cards done like this and love them!  It was much easier than I thought!!  I can't wait to do a snowman now!  Of course, I added stickles for sparkle to this fairly simple card.  the lacy die is from Marianne D (Bunny Zoe crafts, I think!) and there is a red Nestability behind for more color.  The plaid is once again, my Impression Obsession gingham Cover-a-Card background.  It's stamped in New Leaf on New leaf Cardstock (both from PTI)  I added some faux stitching with a black pen. 
for dimension, I used my trick of 'curling' the image a bit and then putting dimensional pieces down the center.  I add quick dry adhesive (Scotch) to the edges so they are stuck down.  this is difficult to do unless you've curled the image first.
And, that's it!
Please check out the other samples fromt he Design Team at the I Brake for Challenge Blog!! It'll be posted soon!  You don't have to use an IBFS image, but if you have some we'd love to see them!!  Thanks for coming by today, I appreciate your time!!
Have a great day!! Cheryl

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love this reindeer!

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl, love this card, cute reindeer. Hugs, Frea

nancyparker55 said...

Hi Cheryl, Great card, that reindeer is so cute.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin