Monday, August 22, 2011

The sky is the limit!!

Hello, friends!! I have a card for a college bound girl today! She leaves for UB on Thursday and we wish her all the best as she starts her post high school journey!! Good luck, Annie! Diana is the best store owner on the planet!! Orders are shipped quickly and you earn Store Credit with each order. She not only has the new "Winner takes it all"
collection in the Magnolia-licious store, she ALSO has them in mini! Yep, available right now!!

Here, I've used two stamps from the regular sized collection-#204 ASTRONAUT TILDA and #577 STARSHIP. She and her ship were so fun to color! I wanted to add crystal effects to her "helmet" and face, but couldn't bring myself to do it! The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. My card got a little bulky so I used my essential tool-Scor- tape to hold it together without worry!



Tilda's close up above and a peek at the inside below. I used my usual face colors0R30, E000, E11 and a bit of E00 if needed for blending. The greys start with C-1 and go to C9-odd numbers as I tried to get the grey/black that I wanted. The pinks on her suit are RV21, 23 and 25. Her hair is E51, Y21 and E25. The spaceship is BG000 and BG10. The "flame" is Y21, YR65, YR15 and YR16. It didn't look right so I added RV25 to blend better with the pinks of her suit.


Remember to enter Jacque's and Diana's Sunday Sensations with just a comment to win a 25.00 PRIZE!! As Jacque said, it just may be your lucky week! Drawing is on Tuesday evening!


And, I REALLY hope you will return tomorrow for a very special post! That's all I'm sayin'!


Have a wonderful Monday!!


Hugs, Cheryl


Oops! I meant to mention that this is for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoase


14 comments:

Monique said...

So cute Cheryl !

Hugs Monique

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! love the colours,gorgeous card
Hugs Julie P

Lisa Kind said...

What an adorable image! I love it...such a perfect occasion to use it for too! I really have to get my Magnolias out...I just found my minis that I have not used yet! So many stamps, so little time...so why is it that I'm excited about the stamp show on Saturday? LOL!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Cheryl!! LOOOOVE this card!! The colors are amazing and of course so is your coloring!! Isn't she so much fun?! Love the punched borders and papers you used! Spectacular work as always!
hugs, Sharon

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cheryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris said...

This is so cute, Cheryl! It's interesting how each of us found something different to modify. In your Tilda, the glitter on the seams is sooooooooo wonderful! I never would have thought of doing that (and it looks fabulous)! A wonderful card, as always!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie your creation is beautiful, thank you for joining us at JM/HS this time hugs Pops x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jean said...

Cheryl, this card is so adorable. Not serious like you see for college bound students, and I love it.. will give her a laugh and make a nerve wracking experience a lot lighter. You did a stupendious job with the Tilda shooting into space and love your colors are devine... your layout is so gorgeous.. love it..
Hugs, Jean

Diana Crick said...

Perfect image for your college bound friend, she will love it. The new blog "look" is fabulous!!
hugs, Diana

nancyparker55 said...

Hi Cheryl, Great card, I'm sure this young lady will love it. Nancy

Paula said...

Awww, Tilda looks great! I love the sentiment you used with it, too. Very nice card!!

Elle said...

Perfect card for a college bound gal! Love the colors!

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a beautiful card! Wonderful colours and the images are so cute!
Hugs Jacqueline

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin