Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Singin' in the Rain!

Well, I'm singin' in the sun, BUT you DON'T want to hear me sing! I just got my Tilda with umbrella stamp and I love her!! She is so cute in her striped slicker and I couldn't wait to ink her up! I just finished this card and I'm so sorry my photos aren't very good. Still working on the light box because the cats destroyed the first one!
ETA:
This Tilda is available now at Magnolia-licious-#348 Tilda in spring Rain! Great price, too Link is on my sidebar! I colored Tilda with my copic markers. As soon as I saw her I knew I wanted to use shades of blue and green to color her clothing! I added Crystal Effects to her boots and white gel pen around the image. I also used a spica silver pen on the zipper. The paper is from Cosmo Cricket and is called Early Bird.
I will also say that I was somewhat concerned because I couldn't cut her out and keep the puddle and the raindrops which are perfectly drawn. Also, the angles on the image had me concerned about stamping her straight. Well, fear not! She stamped beautifully! I kept her leg straight and the angled boot balances the angle of the umbrella. Perfect! When stamped she has these neat edges at the top right and bottom left to work with. Excellent for a sentiment button or the ribbon and flower that I used. Hope this makes sense and isn't just weird ramblings!


Here she is close up!
And here are my colors:
Hair Y21, E08 and E37
Skin: E000, E01, R20
Blues BG10, Bg72 and Bg18
Greens TG21, YG91, YG17, YG95
others: YR31, E53 and Yo6
Thanks so much for coming back! I will try to make it a shorter time between posts!
Have a splendid day!
Cheryl

28 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Cheryl, isn't she just so gorgeous. Your color choice is just perfect for a rainy day. I'm so lovin' these sweet images.

Barb

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OMGOSH I LOVE HER!!!! WOW you did an amazing job and I love the colors you used and that Tilda is CUTE!!! I have to have her! LOL
WONDERFUL card!!! Your colors are GORGEOUS together!
Its a Beaut!!!
hugz
deb

dolcreations said...

This card is so nice!! The colour you used are to die for!!! Your colouring is so well done..I wish I could colour like that with my copics, I am still working with them to perfect that!!! I love the flower and the leaves. Is that a punch you used for the leaves?
Great job, Christine

Kandi said...

Wow, you're cards are wonderful! You are very talented with your copics indeed! I just found your site from a link off of Sparkle Smith's blog. Glad I did. I'll be checking back in when I have more time.

Again, great artwork!

Jacque said...

Cheryl, she is just lovely...and that is such a cute stamp...can't wait to try her...beautiful colors on this card, too...Hugs..Jacque

Sharon Caudle said...

BEAUTIFUL, Cheryl! Your coloring is amazing, and every detail is just perfect! LOVE the colors you chose for this card! You are so danged talented!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Suzan L said...

Hi Cheryl,
I love your Singin' in the Rain Card. Your coloring is wonderful!!
I love how you mixed the green and brown for the boots. Hugs, Suzan

Danielle said...

She's a beauty Cheryl! Just gorgeous colouring and fabulous choice of colours!
Hugs, Danielle

Janiel/ janny said...

Cheryl, VERY VERY CUTE!!! I love the colors for this image. janny

Nancy said...

I love your color choice. She looks so cute. What a pretty card. Love it

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Cheryl!

Unknown said...

Cheryl
She's a cutie! Her hair color is great. I will try that combo on the next Tilda I do. Thanks so much for sharing your artwork and your explanations.
Sharon L

Christine said...

Oh my, she is gorgeous. I just love your coloring techniques. Thank you so much for including the color markers that you used. That is a huge help. Have a wonderful day!
xoxo, Christine

Ila said...

Totally Gorgeous Cheryl!!...love your coloring and layout!!...Hugs, Ila

Cami said...

You leave me almost speechless, Cheryl. What an absolutely fab job you did with the blue and green, your coloring is superb (as always), and whole layout is gorgeous! This is such a cute card and I wish I could color her the way you do. Just beautiful. Hugs, Cami

Candy said...

Oh Cheryl,

You never disappoint me. Your colouring is always 'just perfect'!! Love the colours you used - perfect card!!

Hugs, Candy

Lisa Kind said...

Makes perfect sense! She's so cute! I love images with umbrellas...don't know why!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunnning cards xxxxx
Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Ann (madgesty loves to create). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
The Next Level.

diane zechman said...

she's adorable, Cheryl!

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute Cheryl! Love that Tilda, your coloring & colors! Welcome to the Copic Challenge team too--glad to have ya!

hugz,
Suzanne

marsha said...

Beautiful card Cheryl and I love your coloring! This is such a cute Tilda.

Hugs,
Marsha

Michelle said...

She's beautiful, & on my wish list! I say that a lot, don't I? LOL! I think you colored her beautifully ....

Kim said...

Cheryl this is beautiful! You did a wonderful job! Colored wonderfully!
Hugs~ Kim

Norma said...

Cheryl, I luuvvvv.... this card. Gorgeous!!! That shade of blue and green is fabulous--they go together so well. I must try them. And your colouring is first class. Adorable Tilda--Imust get this one.
Hugs
Norma xx

Jami said...

I love what you've done with this image - the colors are just perfect and your coloring is fabulous!! Love the little white dotted pattern on the umbrella!!

Laurel said...

Your cards always amaze me Cheryl! I just love your choices of colors and papers and your coloring of Tilda is always perfect! Hugs

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

This card is really wonderful, super!
Kind regards Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

Let me add to the list of your admirers! Cheryl it amazes me how you can make one beautiful card after another. You are the queen of cards my friend. I love how this turned out. Beautiful coloring, amazing layout.
Hugs from way down south in Alabama,
Pam

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin