Sunday, September 13, 2009

Playing with Copics!!

Hi!! I've spent so much of my energy on my schoolwork that my creative Mojo has taken a vacation! I decided to play with my copics Ala Nichole Heady to see if I could spark that creative spirit! I've used Papertrey sets Boo to You and Fancy Flourishes, Kraft card stock, Spring Moss card stock, some dp (?), and SU striped grosgrain wide ribbon. (lucious stuff!)

The fun was in creating the pumpkin! The outline was stamped in Tuxedo black, then I colored it with copic markers Y35, YR12, YR16 and YR18 , keeping the lighter colors to the right and darker to the left. Then I took my (juicy) blender pen and began to "lift" or "move" the color away leaving light colored dots! So fun to experiment with!
I stamped the black face on last and then added black stickles to the features. I really love this simple card and think I will complete a set because I also tried the other patterns which Nichole did on more of the pumpkins!
(In a recent post she applied the same technique to some holiday images. Please check her recent blog entries for those)
I know on the close up you can see my errors, but they don't show up so much IRL.

And for the Magnolia lovers in the group, I've started on a Tilda using some of this same technique!! She'll be posted later today or tomorrow!! Please come back for that

Until next time, thanks so very much!

Cheryl

3 comments:

Danni said...

Fun card!

Julia Aston said...

I love your dotted pumpkin Cheryl! and the beautiful ribbon - super card! can't wait to see the Tilda!

dolcreations said...

What a cute card. I love that technique you have used! Great colouring, and that ribbon is so perfect for the card!
Have a great day,
Christine

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin