Saturday, July 23, 2016

Fun in the Sun!!


Hello! Dave and I have been back from the beach for a week now and back into the normal summer routine, if there is such a thing! We love the beaches of Maine-not what most people think of  when they think of Maine, but 7 mile beach at Old Orchard Beach is really beautiful! I actually made this card for my good friend and stamping buddy, Lisa (Kind Creations) to wish her a happy, happy summer.

I used the Pure Innocence set and die Fun In the Sun for my images and colored them with copic markers. Her suit and beachball were made polka-dotted by removing color with the colorless blender. Sparkle was added with Stickles-probably in Stardust.


The background was made with Ken Oliver's Colorburst powders in Turquooise (Caribbean Colors) and Sepia.  I wet the watercolor paper and tapped just a small amount from the color burst container. After I watched the magic happen for a bit, I used my wet paintbrush to help things along. Finally, using a wet paintbrush again, I tapped more clean water from by brush onto the background. When I had the look I wanted I dried the bg with my heat gun. I then used the Papertrey Ink Cover Plate to cut the bg into the wavy pieces you can see in picture. I glued it all down onto a base card of Coastal Cabana.  The terrific sunglasses die comes with the PI set and I cut those in black cardstock.  I covered the lenses with Glossy Accents for shininess.

So, there you have it. She is enjoyed some beach time in the good 'ole summertime!!\
Hope you are too!!
thanks for visiting!! Cheryl

2 comments:

Chris Dring said...

This card is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the inky background you created, and you coloring on that sweet gal is fabulous!

Lisa Kind said...

This card is so cute in person! So many techniques! Thanks for sending it to me!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin