Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tilda in Spring Rain

Hello, friends! It's Thursday already! Yeah! I have a card with a Magnolia mini to share with you today! Right now, we would love a little spring rain! We had 6" of snow yesterday! My poor daffodils! Anyway, this is #3014 TILDA IN SPRING RAIN from the Magnolia-licious store. I love her in full size and she is quick to color up and put on a card in the mini size! I used the Mojo Sketch for this week to design my card-sketches are so helpful when you have your image and papers, aren't they? Here's the link for the SKETCH
I'm sure you're not surprised to hear she's colored with copics! I used the usual skin colors. Lately I've been starting my hair with Y23 and then using my Es (31, 33,99, 25 and29) to finish.
I'm always looking for green combinations to match my papers and this might be an unusual one:
G20, YG03 and YG93, but it worked! Of course it's BG10 and BG72 for the 'rain' and puddle. The tan that I added around the oval is Distress Ink in Antique Linen.
The large plaid is an older paper from Piggy Tales called the Frog Prince, but the other two are from new Prima 6x6 pads called Botanical and Madeline.
Thank you so much for all the nice comments on my Screen Door card! I hear your requests and talked to Sharon the other day. She began by hand cutting her doors after getting inspiration from a crafting magazine. Since she wanted to teach it for a class, she had a company make her a die to cut the doors. AND she is willing to mail out her little door kits to customers! She would love to have you call her at the store for payment and mailing information (she does not have online ordering, but there is a Buffalo Stamps site)
Please contact her at 716-834-3540 and she will be happy to help you!

One commenter also asked about the dp inside-it's also My Mind's Eye and is in the 6" pack called Hattie (front papers from same pack)

Okay, that's it! Sorry for the long post! Have a great day!
Cheryl

20 comments:

Unknown said...

What an adorable card very pretty!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Cheryl!
I love the layout of your card. the colors look so well together. I love the rich chocolate brown ribbon.
Your flowers look great. Are they made with felt? Super.
hugs Maz

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Your card is beautiful, the coloring is so nice!!
Bye Mascha

Barb Hardeman said...

This is such a pretty card Cheryl. Love the chocolate ribbon. Your coloring is fabulous - just every detail on your Mini is beautifully done. Excellent use of the Mini...hugs...Barb

Maria said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Love how you've coloured the mini and those flowers are simply fabby. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this is so precious!! LOVE your coloring and that image is just darling!! Fabulous colors and layout!! TFS! HUGS

LINDA W. said...

Beautiful card I love you color
choices and coloring.
hugs Linda

Judy K. said...

Love your card Cheryl! Those colors together are sooo pretty!!!
Judy K.

Christine said...

What a great card! You've coloured her so beautifully.

Rosie said...

Wow, wow, wow Cheryl, this is amazingly beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous and those felt flowers are gorgeous! I definitely need to get that die. Hugs, Rosemary

Chris said...

Cheryl, beautiful card. Love the aqua and chocolate brown. The shading on your image is fantastic.

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Cheryl,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandy said...

Beautiful card Cheryl - oh honey, I know you are ready for spring. I love the color combo on your card and the chocolate is scrumptious!
Hugs
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, yesterday I didn't think you could top your screen door card, but today, Tilda in Spring Rain is so very adorable. I love your cards and you are a true inspiration. Edna

Candy said...

Wonderful work, Cheryl!
Hugs, Candy

Anonymous said...

Cute card, I really like the felt flowers, love that color too. Hugs, Rea

Anonymous said...

Little Tilda looks wonderful all dressed in green Cheryl and I absolutely love the colors used and plaid paper.
hugs

Nancy Parker said...

Very pretty Cheryl. Love your colour combo & those flowers are so sweet. Have a terrific weekend.

Janine - Ellabella said...

Ohhh so sweet card, wonderful colors! Janine

Nancy Jensen said...

I love this card! Your coloring is wonderful and your paper choices are great too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin