Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After!


Oh, well, I had plans to post yesterday, they just didn't work out! I finished this tag early in the morning, 'cuz I get up reeeeally early (not just Christmas, every day off!). Then I didn't get it photographed until company left just a bit ago today! These mini images are lots of fun to work with. This is #3060 SECRET TILDA from the collection. You can find her (and many others!) here at MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS.
I cut my tag using the Doohickey vintage tag die.
I cut it from some cardboard that comes with your paper so it is thin chipboard weight! We crafters don't waste a thing, do we?! You can see it's a little thick for the small holes to punch out, but I like it anyway! I stained the edges with a sponge and vintage photo ink. I stamped an old SU snowflake image around the edges in Fresh Snow ink. Then I used a black thin marker for fake stitching.
I use my Cutterbee scissors to cut out small images and that's how I cut Secret Tilda out of the Xpress card stock that she was colored on. She's colored in Blue Violet shades of copics with r81, R83 and R87 on her package.
I think she would be a great tag on a gift for a January birthday!
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas day and weekend with your loved ones. It's a little sad for me when it's over. I better not dwell on it though, because with the week off I want to do some organizing at home!
Hugs, Cheryl

11 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

very very cute Cheryl.. I hear you on the getting up really really earlier!! I do also anywhere around 4:30 to 6 am EVERYDAY!!! Gosh what I would do to be able to sleep in just a day or 2 here and there..
hugs sweetie...Janiel

Diana Crick said...

I love how she looks on the green tag, very effective...vintage and chic all at once. I am NOT an early riser I stay up late instead...lol.
hugs, Diana

☼ Cheryl* said...

That is so lovely!!! I love the green :)

Nancy Parker said...

Hi Cheryl, Tilda looks so pretty in blue. Cute little tag, a handy thing to have for those birthdays that just seem to sneek up on you. Hope you get some down time during the holidays since you're an early riser. Nancy

Pam said...

Cheryl....I LOVE all your creations. The tag is so versatile. I think I need to order one from Diana! TFS
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Michelle said...

You are nuts, girlie --the best part about not having to work is sleeping in!! LOL

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love this die & that Tilda is a cutie!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl, I think you did a cute job with this. I have the tag die, and I just purchased this Mini Tilda and the regular Tilda to match. I got them to use together, and the mini to use just like you did, on tags! Can't wait to use them. Hope you have a good week off! Rea

Riet said...

So gorgeous tag Cheryl,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Cheryl!
This is so sweet. Love the green you have her on and your coloring looks so lovely.
Hugs maz

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Cheryl,
Lots of adorable goodness to see here. Love the brown tag. Beautiful little minis!
Blessings from Georgetown,
Leslie

Candy said...

So beautiful!! I can't believe you cut the mini out!!
Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin